Your teacher training programme at the Shires is fee paying, not salaried, so you will need to make sure you have sufficient funds to cover the costs. Fees are paid to University of Worcester. For more details, please visit University of Worcester course fees page.

You may be entitled to a bursary which is tax free and you do not have to pay this back. For more information about the bursaries and scholarships available to you, please visit the Get Into Teaching site here.

You can also apply for a Student Loan or Maintenance Grant.

Have a look at the Student Loan zone on

Or on the Student Finance page:

Finance can be a confusing area, but the University will guide you through the process if you need support.

International Students:

You’ll need the right to study in the UK. You already have this if, for example, you:

  • are an Irish citizen
  • have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme (you may still be able to apply)
  • have indefinite leave to remain in the UK

If you do not already have the right to study in the UK, you may need to apply for a visa. The main visa for fee-paying courses (those that you have to pay for) is the Student visa. International course fees are £17,400.

To apply for a Student visa, you’ll need to be sponsored by your training provider.

Sponsorship is not available for this course.

If you need a visa, filter your course search to find courses with visa sponsorship.

Alternatively, check if you’re eligible for a different type of visa, such as a Graduate or Family visa, that allows you to train to be a teacher without being sponsored.